Your role as a credit union board or committee member usually doesn’t come with a job description. Often, both new and seasoned directors and supervisory committee members can find themselves working through issues without a firm understanding of the rules of the game…but not when you’ve earned your NAFCU Certified Volunteer Expert (NCVE) certification.
Attend the pre-conference workshop to enhance your expertise and get the chance to earn your NCVE. You’ll learn:
- The role of a corporate board
- The corporate governance of credit unions and how credit union officials fit
- Fiduciary duties
- The credit union board’s role in risk and compliance management
- NCUA expectations and the exam process
- The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- The inner workings of the credit union industry
- Key financial ratios that every volunteer should understand
All taught by NAFCU Executive Vice President and COO Anthony Demangone. With your pre-conference workshop attendance, you’ll also receive a copy of Anthony’s bestselling Credit Union Directors Handbook!
The pre-conference workshop is Tuesday, June 19.
Additional registration fees:
- Workshop: $199 members; $280 nonmembers
- NCVE certification exam: $49 members; $69 nonmembers
If you’ve already registered for the conference and would like to purchase the pre-conference workshop and exam, please contact NAFCU’s Member Service Center at email@example.com or 800-344-5580.